Sling Installation Instructions for our cotton and nylon web slings.
All AmmoGarand Slings can be used on the M1, M14, M1A or 1903. These also fit on Commercial Rifles and Shotguns as long as they are fitted with 1-1/4" wide swivels.
** Click Link above to download
a printable copy of instructions.
BASIC Sling Install:
1. Attach the J-hook to the lower sling swivel so the open end of the J-hook faces outboard, away from the rifle.
2. Open the sling keeper buckle by pulling up on the tabbed end of sling.
3. With clamping buckle fully opened, carefully slide tabbed sling end through buckle. Donít use excessive force
tabbed end of canvas left and right to clear tab from buckle for easier removal. If re-rigging
, remove webbing from base buckle tabs BEFORE
trying to pull tabbed end thru, ie squeeze sides of webbing and remove canvas from side tabs BEFORE trying to pull tabbed end out. (you'll rip off tab if you don't)
4. Run tabbed end through front ferrule swivel and tabbed sling end back through clamping buckle and close clamp at desired length.
(Flat side of clamping buckle faces toward rifle)
**Note: Install instructions are for normal military installation. Variations can be made for ease of use or personal preference.NOTE:
Below is some IMPORTANT Install Info
when installing and Swivel help for some Commercial Swivels:
1. Squeeze canvas and remove from Keeper tabs BEFORE
pulling tabbed end thru buckle to avoid damage to end tab. Keeper tabs are NOT
meant to be bent, they WILL break if you do.
2. If Tabbed end does not readily fit through your swivels just FOLD
tab across canvas at a 45 degree and slide swivel over, see pictures in our Sling Adds
for examples of this, using Cotton and Nylon slings.